Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Boys and Girls and Washing Cars

I washed my car on the weekend. It's really very therapeutic for me. Strangely (or not) it makes me feel like I'm on top of things and it gives me a bit of a confidence boost.

Anyway, while washing my car I was thinking about boys and girls. This is a gross generalisation, but there's nothing wrong with that :) Boys are very toy orientated. Boys are practical and physical. We like something to work on and fix or clean or maintain. I'm not even an overly handyman but I still enjoy that sort of thing. I know boys who "love" their golf clubs, car, computer console, etc.

Now girls on the other hand aren't toy orientated. Girls are people orientated. Sometimes I'd even say drama orientated :). Usually girls seem to be trying to figure out how people feel and what people think about them. That and it seems (at least from my experience with girls in my life) inventing worst case scenario's for what other people think about them.

The amusing thing for me is that despite the differences between boys and girls, both sexes in general are really bad at communication. You'd think (and this is stereotype) that guys would be the worse communicators. But after thinking about it that's not what I've actually observed.

4 comments:

bek said...

Boys just don't say anything, and girls say everything BUT what they mean.

It's frustrating.

And it's true. Girls are constantly thinking about what EVERYONE else thinks of them, and guys don't really (seem) to care.

I wish I could be so carefree...it would give my mind a bit of a break!

Middo said...

Meh, who cares



;)

No, I find the communication problem 50% amusing and 50% frustrating.

What you said Bek rings true, guys just cruise along and girls say everything but what they mean. And in both instances this is the exact OPPOSITE to what the other sex WANTS. Interesting indeed.

Becs said...

I think at times we all communicate badly...but when all is said and done women communicate emotionally and men communicate logically...we are wired differantly...what i find amussing though is that we all know this and yet we are still mostly crap at communicating...just goes to show all the theory in the world doesnt always relate to practice...

Anonymous said...

would someone like to clean my car??

Tried to this afternoon but it's still got tree gunk on it that will *not* come off. I'm too short to give it a proper scrub on the roof.